Monday, October 21, 2013

My Story--Mother's Day

Tomorrow is going to be Mother's Day, and I am feeling a bit melancholy.  I'm not sad enough to cry--I've definitely accepted the way things are--but realizing that I'm celebrating with one daughter instead of two has just set me in a down mood.  I've been thinking about how precious every child is, and how fortunate we are to have them in our lives.  And this Mother's Day, I'll focus on the joy that Whitney brings me and how lucky I am to be her mom.  And I'll think of Miri, and I'll be grateful for the short time that I was able to be a mother to her.  But I'll still wish that things would have been different.  I'll hold Whitney, and she'll hug me back.  We'll exchange "I love you's" and give each other kisses, and I'll lavish every minute of it.  And deep on the inside, I'll be wishing that Miri and I could do the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment